Relocation can come with great career perks…and certain lifestyle changes. Make sure the job is really worth the hassle!
Because you might be sent to the far North. Or the mysterious East. Or even a city in a few hours away where you don’t know anyone and feel at hostile territory at first.
Relocating for a job also comes with expenses – new lease, movers, boxes, a pesky cat that does not want to get inside his travel cage…and wants to bite your hand off.
So make sure that they offer covers all the hardships you might endure.
As a rule of thumb, a good relocation package includes:
- Moving company services (or cash allowance)
- House-hunting assistance (or temp accommodation)
- Home sale or lease-breaking penalty assistance.
- On-site support for you and your family.
- Travel expense reimbursement.
- Visa/work permit assistance for those heading abroad.